Taco Bell Rings Up New Upper East Side Location



"Oh my God, oh my God. I am calling all of my friends. I can't believe it. My dreams have come true." This was the reaction of one teen I encountered on Lexington Avenue and East 85th Street as she first spotted the new Taco Bell there, apparently just days from opening. 

The area is one of the healthiest in New York with an incredible density of gyms (including Equinox and SoulCycle), yoga studios, and no shortage of juice bars, health food stores, and salad shops. "Sweet Green" and "Just Salad" are nearby. "Fresh & Co" sits right next door to Taco Bell, creating a perfect juxtaposition. Taco Bell would probably contend that they are one of the healthier fast food options out there, but I would take that with a grain (or perhaps a small bag) of salt. While the half century old, California-based tacoteer may seem out of place, perhaps it has found just the right place? At least one teen thinks so. 

Bold Prediction: They will do well.

Comments

Popular Posts