Thursday, July 10, 2008

Don't Be Scared! "Lite Brite" Tile Mosaics Invade High Line


I found a couple of these little gremlins on my journey along the High line yesterday afternoon. I assume that they are new as I could find no reference to them anywhere on the web. Don't be scared folks, these are not actual Lite Brite boards that freaked out of Boston for whatever reason a year and a half ago, rather they are simple tile mosaics that will harm nobody, at least I think. Perhaps they are just an artistic tribute to our mass paranoia.
Share B

2 comments:

  1. This guy has put up similar little mosaics all over the world. I've seen them on the Williamsburg Bridge and on the Thames in London.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invader_(artist)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I was wondering. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete