Don't Be Scared! "Lite Brite" Tile Mosaics Invade High Line


I found a couple of these little gremlins on my journey along the High line yesterday afternoon. I assume that they are new as I could find no reference to them anywhere on the web. Don't be scared folks, these are not actual Lite Brite boards that freaked out of Boston for whatever reason a year and a half ago, rather they are simple tile mosaics that will harm nobody, at least I think. Perhaps they are just an artistic tribute to our mass paranoia.

Comments

  1. This guy has put up similar little mosaics all over the world. I've seen them on the Williamsburg Bridge and on the Thames in London.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invader_(artist)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I was wondering. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts