Hudson Hill Gets Woody, Chops Prices





After spending a few days in the neighborhood, I have to say, Hudson Hill Condominium has grown on me. The "Facade Sale" which is chopping up to 29% off of original prices is one thing, but it is the actual wood-like facade that fascinates me. I would venture to say that I haven't seen the use of this specific Trespa panel, which is made of 70% renewable wood fibers, anywhere in the city. From the outside it is hard to distinguish from actual 100% wood. The panelling is warm, and resembles redwood or something along those lines. It does look completely out of place, like something that you would see in Vail, but in a good way. Kudos to Ken Horn, Alchemy, and FX Fox Fowle for having the courage to try something different. I think it turned out pretty nice- now we'll see if those price chops get things moving.

Comments

  1. Andrew, was the building that this replaced nice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The buzz on the net is that it was a decent prewar building with courtyard. Some people liked it, others didn't. I spent plenty of time down there 5-6 years ago, and I don't recall the building. I'll have to search the net for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really nice building although I did like the old one too. I have not been inside to see the apartments although a friend of mine has and said they are better than most she has seen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts