LIC Mystery Revealed: 10-17 Jackson Shines!





Renderings Courtesy Of Studio V

This one has been on my plate for a while. It is the building at the intersection of Vernon Blvd. and Jackson Avenue. The structure is beginning to rise a few stories above ground, and I finally have renderings and info, courtesy of architect Studio V.

The building, by Times Square Construction, will rise 9 stories, which is one or two stories short of the original plan. The great news is that the building will not be shorter, rather the developer has chosen to go with 11'4" ceiling heights. Ahhh- this I like! It's name will be it address, "10-17 Jackson". It will contain approximately 33 units and ground floor retail which is being built with the potential for a restaurant in mind. The exterior will be a combination of floor to ceiling ribbon glass, stainless steel shingles, and perforated aluminum screens. The architect says that he is going to pains to blend in with the community.

The interiors will have dark walnut floors throughout and exposed concrete columns. Bathrooms will include natural stone floors, teak accents and "floating vanity". The kitchen cabinets will have white lacquer cabinets, natural stone floors, Liebherr fridge, and Jenn-Air appliances.

Ok, so far without seeing floor plans, I love everything about this new development with the exception of the Jenn-Air appliances. I guess that's easily fixed- it's not too late for the developer to read this and pick up some Viking, Bosch, or Miele fixins. Everything else sounds great. I think it's a great looking building that fits in (feel free to disagree, it's in the eye of the beholder), it's in a great location, should have some views, and those high ceilings- fantastic!

The start date for sales and marketing is undetermined.

Comments

  1. All looks and sounds good but - price/sqft?
    With the current market and LIC's RE state is this going to be a reality?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice detective work, Mr. Fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this. I was wondering what was planned for that site. What do you expect on pricing for this building Andrew?

    ReplyDelete
  4. David-
    Only my shoe leather lives in LIC, but I am there so often that I feel like I live there. I live on the UES where I have 2 kids in school a block fr my apt. I am kind of stuck up there, not my preference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #1- As for $/psf, there has been no decision yet. I would assume in the $700's. I have no date for the start of marketing. Places like the Solarium are holding out as long as possible, waiting for things to turn around. If buyer traffic this weekend is any indication, that strategy may pay off.
    #2- Thanks, I get a kick out of it.
    #4- A pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I'm confused, was buyer traffic up this weekend? I would think it wouldn't be that great considering the weather and o 7 train running.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, traffic was strong despite the 7, etc.. I was pleasantly surprised. If it's like that in the middle of Feb, I'll feel that we are really out of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any update on this development? Still no StreetEasy page, and still lots of unsold units at Power House, L Haus, 5SL, etc. . . . Maybe the developer will mothball this one until the market turns around?

    ReplyDelete
  9. 5SL is practically sold out, isn't it?

    Any word Mr. Fine on 10-17 Jackson?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, 5SL is just about done, maybe a handful left.
    I will have an awesome update on 10-17 Jackson this week.
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  11. They're pricing it at about $300sq/ft.? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Any update on 10-17, I own a place on 10-63 Jackson and wanted to get some dibbs on this one, its a great location

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am Rhea S. I have visited your website and I would like to congratulate you on building such a valuable online resource. I am sure your visitors find your site as useful as I did.

    Have a great day.

    Thanks and regards,

    Rhea S.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi - any update on this building? Do you know if they have any floor plans/pricing? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. useful informative site. very good.keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  16. awesome structure, the architect who did it is a complete genius I love the way he did this astounding structure.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks very much for this nice put up;this is the kind of factor that retains me going by way of these day. I’ve been trying round for this website after being referred to them from a buddy and was happy when I discovered it after searching for some time. Being a avid blogger, I’m blissful to see others taking initivative and contributing to the community. Simply wished to comment to show my appreciation in your article because it’s very appleaing, and plenty of writers do not get authorization they deserve. I'm certain I’ll drop by again and will suggest to my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  18. In this kind of infrastructure, insulation is needed. May I know what insulation types that had been used?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts